Wednesday, December 16, 2009

BUSTER DEMANDS AN APOLOGY!

Buster's routine every night is inviolable! No matter what else goes on in the house he knows at 5:30 or if we finish dinner earlier, it is time for him to be let out of his cage.

All I hear is, "Time to watch TV!", "Are you ready?", "Are ya comin'?", "Wanna play?" over and over again. Sometimes I get mad because I am trying to finish something and he insists and insists until my hair sort of stands on end.

Last night after dinner I was searching on-line for my son's Christmas present which needed to be ordered to get it in time. Buster thought otherwise!

I kept telling him to wait, I'd be done in a few minutes. Of course he nagged and nagged and nagged!

Finally I finished and went to get him out of his cage and get new seeds. He came out briefly but wouldn't come to me. Then he went back inside his cage. I thought, "Here comes the waiting game." Buster makes me wait about as long as I made him wait.

Tonight, however, he waited and waited and didn't come out. Finally I thought, good grief, he wants an apology first.

So...I said, "Buster, mommy's sorry. I'm sorry I made you wait." He came up to the top of his cage and started to moon me with his red feather butt (he does this when he's mad at us). I stopped him and said, "Buster, I said I was sorry." After I said this, miraculously he turned around and came to me!

You have no idea what it is to deal with a very intelligent bird! Humbleness helps.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a great story. I love hearing about your bird! Please post often! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I couldn't stop laughing. They definitely have their own little tantrums like a two year old child. My CAG Cricket gives us raspberries and then says, "you're a brat," when she's mad at us. I'll definitely be back for more of Buster.
    Hugs,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete